Sunday, October 2, 2011

A New Experience

OK, folks. I just have to share this. And more importantly, I have to praise God for this.
I recieved a phone call from the substitute phone system. I do not recall ever getting a phone call on a Sunday for a substitute position. I was surprised, for sure. But the longest assignment I’ve had has been for a day and a half. This one goes from tomorrow all the way to the end of the semester. I’m excited. I look forward to working with kids for longer than a day. I look forward to getting to know them and it’s my prayer that I make a positive impact.
This experience has made me realize that God does things in His time, not mine. Just yesterday I was having a moment of frustration with my other blog and what to do as far as my calling in life. Then I heard a song. We Got The Light by Ryan Stevenson. And the lyrics made me just stop and remember that God has it all under control.
So when you doubt, remember that God will take care of you. It’s been a hard lesson for me to learn. And I’m still learning it. But I look forward to and I am very very excited about this position. I pray that I do the best I can and I ask for your prayers. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly discussion is encouraged. Comments that include cursing, accusations, and name calling will not be tolerated and will be deleted.