Saturday, August 13, 2011

Perserverance

Vision is limited on this cold, dark path.
Still, I press on toward the prize.
Hoping, praying that this time,
I won't fail.
Lighting and thunder,
my only companions.
In this canyon of misery,
yet again, I trip-I fall.
A fear of trusting,
the only one who can save me.
A fear of losing control,
of being lost in the dark forever.
I trip and I fall,
Time after time.
I'm not sure I'll ever learn,
The lesson you have for me.
I'm begging, and pleading,
For rescue from this harsh land.
But the fear that grips me still,
Is the fear of being a lost cause.
I kneel and I pray,
But what do I feel?
A weakened desire,
And a resolve almost gone.
Again I try to kneel and to pray.
A memory of faith fulfilled,
And a memory of friends and angels,
Give me strength to stand once more.
The path goes on.
And what will come along its way,
Does not matter to the one,
Whose heart is stayed on you.
Gabriel Taylor
May 28th, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly discussion is encouraged. Comments that include cursing, accusations, and name calling will not be tolerated and will be deleted.