Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Year 2010: Repost

2010 was an interesting year.  It was a wild ride.  But once you have kids, nothing is ever not a wild ride.  My wife and I welcomed our baby girl into the world on January 24th.  Coincidentally, it is also the birthday of one of our best church friends.
After over 2 days of labor, she was born by c-section, at 10 lbs 9 oz.  I love to see the reaction of people when we tell them this little tidbit of information.  Their eyes always bug out of their sockets.  She has completely changed our lives.  She is our first child, the 20th grandchild of my parents.  All you men out there, if you don't have a daughter yet, brace for impact.  As soon as your girls are born, you start thinking about what kind of weaponry to get to instill the fear of God into her future boyfriends.
We've had several adventures since we've become parents.  Probably the most interesting one was driving to Las Vegas for a convention this past July.  I tell you what, driving 24 hours straight in a car with a 6 month old baby is quite the adventure.
The next big thing in 2010 after the birth of my child, was when my sister and her husband were offered the chance to become missionary's overseas.  The way it happened was definitely a God thing.  On August 25th, we saw them off at the airport.  There was much hugging, many tears, and lots of prayers.  We miss them a lot but we know that they are doing God's will over there.  They've been huge role models for me personally, and I pray for them and wish them the best.  We cannot wait to see them again.
2010 was a good year.  2011 will be even better.  How do I know this?  Because it's a conscious decision if you want to be happy or not.  But more importantly, God is definitely leading and I look forward to what He has in store for my little part of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly discussion is encouraged. Comments that include cursing, accusations, and name calling will not be tolerated and will be deleted.