Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Letting Go of the Pain



Pain. No one likes it. No one likes to see a loved one experience it, however great or small. Just like right now. I hate to see how my daughter is not feeling well. She's teething. Teething can sometimes bring with it a fever. And those are no fun.

It pains me to see her hurting. As a father, I want nothing more than to take her pain away. I want to protect her from this pain and I would take the experience upon myself if I could. If you're a parent or guardian, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Nothing pains you more than to see your child in pain.

Our Heavenly Father is the same way. Nothing pains Him more than to see His children in pain. And the crazy thing is, all too often we choose to hang on to our pain. God wants to take it from us. He wants us to lay our burdens down at His feet. Life will be rough at times. But God promised to be there for us. He promised to take care of us.

You see? It's a choice to let go of the pain. A hard choice, mind you, but still a choice. We were never promised that we'd never go through trials. And trials bring pain. But our choice is this: will we praise God through the pain? Or will we mumble and grumble and complain?

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4 NKJV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly discussion is encouraged. Comments that include cursing, accusations, and name calling will not be tolerated and will be deleted.